What’s your focus for improved sales results this year?
Cleaning up my office this week and the biggest stack of papers on my desk is my “Session Notes” pile. It’s the colorful printouts of PowerPoint decks and session worksheets that are scribbled on in blue, purple, hot pink, and aqua (I love my colored sharpie fine points).
I jot down notes when I’m doing the last few run-throughs – “use this personal example” or “this was brought up in a sales meeting last week” … lots of customizations and tweaks and questions, stories, or examples shared from participants during the session are added to the notes and the content after the session.
I keep these paper piles and refer to them before each corresponding Skills Building session to make sure the content and learnings are super fresh, super relevant, and super impactful to the teams of sellers in the sessions.
Always learning. Always growing. Always perfecting our Skills Builder sessions.
What were the top challenge areas and requested Skills Builder sessions requested by sales leaders last year?
- Business Development Focus – How do we grow market share and acquire new customers?
- More effective messaging to increase Prospecting Responses (Jedi Communication Skills Builder)
- Convert more leads to opportunities (Micro Campaign Skills Builder)
- Confidently handle objections and negotiate like a pro (Push Back on Pushback)
- Revenue Growth Focus – How do we expand within current clients and improve profitability?
- Account Expansion, and Cross-Selling (Sales Weaving Skills Builder + Referrals)
- Overcoming Pushback, Retaining Margin and Price Integrity (Using the Force Skills Builder)
- Sales Team Performance Focus – How do we keep sellers focused on result-driving activities?
- Organization and Effective Time Management (Blocking and Tackling Skills Builder)
- Productivity (Productivity through Priorities and Processes Skills Builder)
- Equipping ALL the frontline team members to contribute to the business (Building a Selling Organization)
These are NOT one-off training sessions – boxed and packaged for generic audiences. Revenue challenges are complex with intricately related variables of team members, competition, strategy, and timing.
That’s why we continually work to customize, personalize, and improve our sessions. We prepare for you, we learn from you, we keep evolving. Each year, our focus isn’t ENTIRELY new – it’s tweaked, shifted, adapted to reflect the buyer environments impacting the sellers’ realities. …
So, it’s about to be another New Year. Do you have a New Focus? Or, a reNEWed commitment to carry out those actions that have been kicked to the curb these past two years as the whole world has been topsy turvy.
Let us know in the comments below or reach out through our CONTACT form!
Until next time, stop hoping and start SELLING!