The foundation of everything you build. EVERYTHING . . . rests on the kind of company you decide to keep.
No, not who do you hang out with, but what vision, aesthetics, energy, influence, encouragement, relationships, structure—you keep in your business.
Cactus grow in dry, sandy soil. Mushrooms grow in manure. Bromeliads grow on trees. Lotus grow in ponds. The environment in which you grow your business and your people matters. All output depends on the input. And you decide.
What kind of company do you keep?
- Are you hiring the right people for your culture?
- Are you a company that manifests its own destiny?
- Are you a company that encourages free thinking and experimental thought practices?
- Are you the kind of company that supports structured growth and learning?
- Are you the kind of company that flexes and expands with the times?
Until you decide in what kind of environment you want to grow, it’s difficult to pick the right kind of plants that will thrive in it. Make that decision and make sure the soil supports the plants that you carefully choose.
Until next time . . . keep kickin’ butt!